Women’s Weightlifting 101 Workshop
Whether through social conditioning, antiquated ideas or a sheer lack of opportunity, women often don’t get access to the same training and support necessary to embrace their potential for strength.
The squat racks and free-weights section of the gym simply aren’t spaces we’re taught or encouraged to inhabit. In fact some women even fear losing their femininity through lifting and perhaps developing a bulkier physique.
This 4-hour workshop with expert Strength Coach Charlotte Miles is here to dispel these concerns and show you just how safe and beneficial a weightlifting practice can be, for both body and mind.
- Introduction to the basics of weightlifting for health and wellness
- The Powerlifts – Deadlift, Back Squat, Bench Press, Strict Press
- Muscular activation and proper firing patterns
- The ‘Support Crew’ – Accessory and supplemental movement training
- Underpin your pyramid – Principles and methods of progressive overload
- MCI – A ‘form first’ safeguard against injury and overuse
- Strong body, strong mind
You’ll leave with a comprehensive theoretical and practical foundation for lifting heavy but with great mechanics and the knowledge of how to progressively up the ante over time. You’ll learn just how to activate your prime-movers for optimal muscular firing, along with understanding the purpose of supplemental ‘support crew’ exercises for filling the gaps in your programming. Beyond this, we hope you’ll leave inspired and armed with the confidence to seek out your strongest self!
SATURDAY 7th DECEMBER
CHAINSTORE GYM, LONDON, E14 0JY
£65 (PKGen London Member Discounts Apply)