Strength for Parkour Workshop – October 8, London
Strength is a vital component of good, healthy movement. In parkour we know this better than anyone, which is why we’re running a specific Strength for Parkour Workshop at our Chainstore Gym in London on Saturday October 8th.
This is the last in our summer Parkour Workshop Series and will be taught by world-renowned practitioner and Master Coach Chris ‘Blane’ Rowat.
- To understand the fundamental strength training exercises that will most effectively protect the body from the impacts and forces associated with movement in the modern world.
- To provide attendees with a short-term and long-term action plan for building strength and avoiding injuries.
- To familiarise attendees with the tools and equipment associated with effective strength training.
The course will cover but not be limited to:
- Overview and practise of the essential strength training exercises including squats, deadlifts, horizontal and vertical pressing, straight arm and bent arm pulling and pushing.
- Bullet-proofing concepts and exercises to restore, protect and rebalance muscle groups and the tissues surrounding the major synovial joints.
- Programming and strength development for the movement specialist.
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Workshop: 08/10/2016, 3-6pm
Venue: Chainstore Gym, London
Instructor: Chris ‘Blane’ Rowat
(membership discounts apply)