Don’t Look Back in Anger: 2020
Published January 2nd 2021
Whether governments have got it right or wrong, individual people – from health professionals and emergency services to business owners and freelance artists – have found ways to manage the difficulties, to support each other, and to stay connected despite conditions bent on separating us.
Here are just a few of our 2020 highlights and shared achievements:
• Supporting over 10k people to stay active and in motion for their physical and mental health and environmental health during the global lockdowns with our Online Programmes and Virtual Classes.
• Launching our ADAPT Tutor Certifications online so as to make our coach education courses more accessible in more regions of the world, including Australia, South Korea and Brazil.
• Opening of a new Parkour Generations Academy in Pennsylvania, USA, and the preparation of a second Parkour Academy in London, UK.
• Designing and installing new Parkour Park facilities in the UK, USA and China, plus the development of a brand new outdoor movement space for the public in London’s financial centre of Canary Wharf.
• Running the online PKGen Lockdown Challenges from our bases in Boston and London, engaging and connecting hundreds of people during the most isolating periods of the crisis.
• Upgrading our London Headquarters, the Chainstore Gym, including a new Treatment Room for dedicated sports physiotherapy.
• Expanding our Homeschool Parkour Programme to keep hundreds of young people physically and socially active, particularly when schools were closed.
• Continuing to deliver fantastic in-person events whenever possible, including the annual London Chainstore Massacre, Night Missions, Gym Jams, specialist workshops and courses, and Parkour Spirit Sessions.
• Working closely with partners and affiliates to create multiple new opportunities for parkour to benefit all aspects of society, including programmes for older people, those with physical disabilities and young people living in disadvantaged areas.
…& many more! Here’s to 2021 being even better!