Parkour Fitness Specialist
Level 1 Trainer Course
21-22 November 2017, Hong Kong
|City: Hong Kong||Course Dates: 21-22 November 2017||Parkour Fitness Specialist Level 1 Trainer|
Dates: 21-22 November 2017
Time: 9-5pm daily
Venue: Optimum Performance Studio, Hong Kong
The Level 1 Trainer Course is an introduction to the Parkour Fitness methodology and foundational movements. The course includes instruction on these topics from a certified Master Trainer, as well as hands-on small-group training for the movements and biomechanics. Students’ movements are observed and corrected, and they engage in dialogue concerning effective coaching techniques. Large group Parkour Fitness workouts are conducted as an example of bridging the gap from theory to practice. These workouts provide examples of how to:
- Conduct a group training session
- Integrate practical movement concepts into training
- Vary intensity accordingly and safely
- Scale movements and intensity for any ability level.
The Level 1 provides introductory education on the fundamental principles, concepts and movements of Parkour Fitness.
The Course has two primary goals:
- Provide attendees with the knowledge to understand better use Parkour Fitness methods for themselves
- Provide attendees with an initial and foundational education to begin training others using Parkour Fitness
The Level 1 Certificate Course teaches participants to:
- Define the core concepts of the Parkour Fitness program.
- Identify the primary points of performance of the foundational movements.
- Perform the foundational movements safely and identify when they have committed a form error.
- Identify correct movement when training others.
- Identify unsound movement and apply appropriate correction toward improved movement.
- Apply the Parkour Fitness method safely and effectively while gaining the experience necessary to develop competency in training others using Parkour Fitness concepts.
None. Experience in fitness, movement and/or parkour will be useful.
Test Results and Certificates
The Level 1 Course involves an ongoing assessment and observation by the Master Trainer throughout the duration. Attendees will be asked at any time on Day Two to demonstrate/explain basic Parkour Fitness principles and methods.
Individuals receive a pass-or-fail result. No numerical score will be issued.
Certificates of attendance will either be presented at the end of the course or emailed within one month of course attendance. Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take up to four weeks to arrive for those living in the United Kingdom, and six to eight weeks for those living outside the United Kingdom.
Parkour Fitness T-Shirts
Participants receive a t-shirt with course attendance, either on site or after the course by redeeming an offer via the Parkour Generations Online Store
Course Contents Include:
- Introduction to parkour: origins and development of a practical movement discipline – real-world functionality
- Parkour as physical training: movement-based training, true functional fitness and strength, versatility training, task-oriented practice
- Utilizing your environment: adapting to terrain, tactile sensitivity, familiarity with obstacles, overcoming spatial fears.
- Bodyweight support mechanisms, quadrupedal movement and locomotion
- Mobile balance drills, accuracy and precision
- Impact absorption – jumping and landing basics, plyometrics
- Redefining agility – multi-directional, multi-planar movement at speed
- Application to terrain – ascending and descending movements, combinations and route-based progressions
- Managing fear, the importance of challenge and integrating body and mind in movement
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- understand the difference between Parkour for fitness and Parkour as a sport
- understand the functional elements of Parkour Fitness
- understand anatomy and biomechanics in relation to Parkour Fitness
- understand how to plan safe and effective Parkour Fitness sessions
- be able to instruct and evaluate Parkour Fitness sessions
- be able to support participants taking part in Parkour Fitness sessions
PARKOUR FITNESS is a training and certification programme based around the functional strength, fitness and mobility elements of the groundbreaking and dynamic discipline of parkour / freerunning.
Accredited by NASM, ACE and AFAA in the USA and by YMCA Awards in Europe, Parkour Fitness is the product of years of research and exploration into functional movement systems by the pioneers and world-leading movement education experts of Parkour Generations.
Parkour training has been seen to develop incredible levels of strength, speed, power and endurance in its practitioners, and now the fundamental principles of that training can be found in the Parkour Fitness Specialist programme.